January 24, 2005

Dream III

The Blob had returned to Earth, and had already killed many. We were able to determine that it had a base that it returned to, and that turned out to be an island in the Atlantic off the South American coast. I and another agent, a female, were sent to investigate, knowing that the Blob would consume us if we were discovered.

We knew that the island was home to an ultra-modern resort, which was filled with numerous water-features and glass floors, and was affordable enough so that many families could vacation there. No deaths had been recorded there, however.

We decided to land on the island at separate times, so as to allay any suspicions. The resort was filled to capacity, but since we didn't need rooms, that was okay; we conducted our investigations. Later, we met in the resort's coffee lounge and coordinated our findings.

It seemed that not only had the Blob not harmed any of these people, it had actually formed an alliance with them. In fact, we were able to discretely observe that the Blob gave rides to various vacationers in the resort's lagoon. The creature would swoop and dive through the waters, while the riders held on and howled with delight. Many times during our meetings, we could observe the creature diving beneath the glass floors. It seemed to do this throughout the day, whether it had riders or not. Observing during the night hours was more difficult--the resort security forces were very alert--but it seemed as if the creature was quiescent after the sun went down. This remained only a suspicion, however, and cannot be regarded as a definitive characteristic of the creature; caution is advised at all times.

We knew that we had to get word of this to the outside world. We also knew that we had begun to arouse some suspicions among the resort staff, so we needed to again leave separately.

There was only one way off the island for us: swimming. We knew that the Blob travelled the waters during the day, so the evening would be the best time to escape. However, the darkness meant that we would be at the mercy of the creature if it could detect us. We agreed to leave by separate beachfronts to double our chances of bringing the story to the world. We left that evening. I swam as rapidly as I could, trying not to give into my exhaustion, and feeling a surge of panic whenever I saw anything large in the water.

Exhausted, I soon reached land. I never heard from or saw the other agent again; it was my belief that the Blob had gotten her. I knew that she gave her life to make certain that I got out with the information, so I redoubled my efforts to tell the world, faxing copies of my story to as many newspapers, television studios and radio stations as I could.

I never saw my story in print. The only mention of it was an irate letter in The American Spectator magazine, calling my story a fabrication and questioning my competancy as an observer and my judgement in reporting.

It is possible, though, that the untold story had the necessary effect. Since I left the island, the Blob has made no more attacks, apparently content to give rides to tourists in exchange for their cooperation, and their silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home