January 25, 2005

Dream V

Today was the day that Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow was going to be released on DVD, and I was very excited about that. I couldn't wait for the stores to open, but of course I had to go to work.

I lived in a city of huge buildings and highway bridges sprawling everywhere. While a bit dingy and overwhelming in size, it was nonetheless a charming place to live, where history and old things were highly thought of.

I was to be given some kind of honorarium at work. This required me to take a number of folks to my apartment, which was high in one of the buildings. It was a bit dusty, with high walls covered in bookshelves, which were, of course, filled with books.

As the owner of the business sat in my reading chair, he asked me which kind of Christmas Carols I wanted to sing, traditional or Celtic. He said that if I chose traditional, we could begin practice right away; if I chose Celtic, I'd have to leave the room while they prepared. After a moment's thought, I chose Celtic, thinking I'd have time to go out and buy the Sky Captain DVD.

He told me that was a fine choice, but that I would have to remove anything by J.R.R. Tolkein from the room. I said that was fine, and he handed me a book. "I'll need Return of the King, as well," I said.

He handed me another book, and I said, "I meant the DVD." I reached behind him and grabbed the item in question (which was beneath another book). I then left the room.

All the stores that sold DVDs were in the lower levels of the city, and I was happily driving along to the nearest Best Buy. It was due to open any moment now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home