November 09, 2023

Dream 251

 I was watching a horror movie about a murderous baby, much like "It's Alive."  The scene I was watching was right after the birth, when the baby had killed one of the nurses by chewing through her (this was more implied than seen).  You didn't get many glimpses of the baby, but the way it moved around seemed pretty ingenious for a special effect.

Mostly, people in the scene tried to keep still, or sit behind various pieces of furniture.

I suddenly found myself in the movie, sitting in a large easy chair.  I realized that I was not the mother or the father, or an important doctor--I was just a bystander, and thus was probably going to be killed.  I voiced this concern to the father, but he dismissed it.  I complimented him on the way the baby moved, "Not very realistic, but visually interesting" and he thanked me.

I put my arm down by the side of the chair and something bit me on the wrist.  I grimaced in pain and pulled my arm up; the baby was attached via his teeth.  He looked like a tiny man in a tuxedo, except his head was as large as my fist.  The father very calmly told me to grasp the baby, pull him off, and hand him to him.  I did so and examined my bite.  For all the pain, it seemed quite superficial.

Somehow the baby escaped again, and ended up in a shopping mall.  There was a report on television, and it cut to a cartoonish Old West sheriff's face, vowing to get the baby.  The camera pulled back and we could see that the cowboy's face was on a screen on a mobile video arcade game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home