January 31, 2005

Dream VI

My job was to drive patrons from a pickup place to the beach, along a stretch of scenic highway. On this occasion, one passenger in my large silver car was Angelina Jolie, though I only saw her when she entered the car, and had no interaction with her.

It was going to be tricky getting everyone there, as there had been some severe flooding lately, and a good stretch of the highway (the curve nearest the beach, in fact) was underwater. I was only worried about the car's traction on the asphault, however; the car was water-tight and fully capable of driving underwater.

A half-mile or so before this curve, traffic became quite heavy, although the flow was still quite good. I eased over into the left lane to go around some of the slower cars. As I did so, one of the slower cars ahead also went into the left lane; not terribly happy with this, none-the-less I waited behind him patiently as he sought to pass someone even slower than himself. Then, I was hoping he would return to the right lane.

Once he passed the other car, however, he didn't return to his lane, and a red car pulling an Airstream trailer moved into the right lane and began slowly passing our position.

That just is not done, I thought, getting angry at the red car driver.

As we entered a tunnel, the original slow car suddenly sped up and passed the red car, and I did the same, casting the driver (who looked slow-witted) a quick glance of disapproval. I then moved into the right lane myself so that this gauche disregard of ettiquette would not be repeated.

I also passed the original slow car, and continued on to the beach. Further on, a lady with very short pants how much longer it would be until we arrived; I told her it would only be a few moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home