August 02, 2005

Dream XXVII

I was working for Yoda in an office of some kind. We were heading into a rather slow period at work, and I wanted to have a day off.

I figured it would be more effective to ask in an impressive way, so I brought in a large creature costume. It was roughtly man-sized and man-shaped, consisting of a drab green humanoid wearing a knight's costume. I also rented a smoke machine (I knew that would cost extra) and set it up, so that when I asked for the day off, the eyes would light and smoke would come out of the mouth.

I asked Yoda if he could stop by my cubicle, and he said he would shortly. I stood next to the creature costume and activated all the various devices. As soon as he rounded the door, I said, "I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE FRIDAY OFF!" in a loud, stentorian bellow. At the words Friday off, the eyes flashed and smoke rolled impressively out of the mouth.

Yoda was utterly terrified. Realising I'd gone too far, I quickly explained the mechanism and he calmed down quite a bit, though he was still pretty shaken.

Grudgingly, he agreed that I could take Friday off.

1 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger HadesGigas said...

Good guy Yoda, middle management type, doesn't say much around the workplace, pretty much keeps to himself.........you're fired.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home