May 30, 2005

Dream XXIV

I was outside with a couple of friends at night. I found a silver flashlight, and turned it on and aimed it at the Moon. To my surprise, the beam was powerful enough to illuminate the Moon's surface; I played the beam around the Moon's face, turning the light this way and that, and circling the edge of the disk.

Suddenly, vast explosions of dust appeared on the Moon's edges; soon, that entire area of the sky was one vast dust cloud, with occasional explosions still visible within.

I knew I had done this, using the flashlight. From time to time, the Moon's disk would appear through holes in the cloud, and while it was impossible to be certain, I thought I could see that the surface had been changed from its familiar look. I worried about whether the Moon would be entirely destroyed, and what effect that would have on the world.

Oh man, I thought. I am in big trouble now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home