February 20, 2005

Dream XII

I was filling out some cards for a person I knew, as a favor. I presented them to him to see if they were done correctly, and then while he was looking them over, I absent-mindedly crumpled up the sheet of stamps he was going to use to mail them. I carefully smoothed them out, and asked if this was all the stamps he needed; he looked over the stamps (which were fine now) and responded that he would need five stamps, and the sheet only had four. I told him that I had some extra stamps in my car, and I went to get them.

My car was parked in a huge, deserted lot that had a Burger King right in the center. There were no cars other than mine, and that of a friend of mine. His car was about 75 yards away, and I saw that he was approaching it. He saw me at the same time, waved, and called to me, "How come we ended up with four arm positions?" (This was in reference to a video we had worked on together, and something of a shared joke.)

I yelled out, "Because you are gay!" as a joke. I was afraid he was going to take that the wrong way, and come over and be angry with me. I saw, though, that he went to his car instead, because it was hidden behind a small hill, and I saw the telltale sign of car headlights going on (a group of trees were suddenly illuminated).

I got into my own car and started it up and put it into gear; when I reached down to turn on the headlights, I saw that the fabric from the ceiling had become pulled down over the windshield, and over most of the interior controls.

Oh, thank you, God, I thought sarcastically as I tried to roll the fabric back up into the ceiling; however, it was very stubborn and I wasn't making any progress. Aware that I was in a moving, uncontrolled car, I just ripped all the fabric down to see where I was going.

My car was travelling rapidly backwards down the right lane of the street. Fortunately, most of the other traffic was in the left lane, and was doing a good job of avoiding me and my jerking car. The only other car in the right lane was behind me, and it seemed to be going backwards as well, probably out of fear of colliding with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home